[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Is there logging for M0n0wall Traffic Shaper rules ?
 Date:  Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:10:59 +0200
Create a pipe ("checkpipe" or whatever) with a very small limit (e.g. 56kbit/s). Reference this pipe
with the traffic/shaperrule that you want to verify in your ruleset (http to destination xyz). Then
generate the traffic that should match this rule (for example surfing with your browser to adress
xyz). If it's very slow your rule matches your definition. Then change the assignment of that rule
to the originally desired queue or pipe. You can keep this "checkpipe" for later tests. Just don't
reference it and only do to test your ruledefinitions.

Holger