[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:49:18 +0200
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:05:14 -0500, Lee Sharp wrote
> From: "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
> >  Since I've been blocking all p2p traffic and just allowing a few ports to
> > the
> >  outside world, the crashes/freezes have shifted from once every day
> > (sometimes
> >  even multiple times a day, within an hour) to once in two to three weeks
> > or
> >  longer. This is in fact done by placing two m0n0walls behind each other.
>
> Finally!  Which system is locking?  Details man!  And as for heavy p2p
> use, I have 30 of these in hotels all over.  Some of the most infected
> clients in the world, and a lot of p2p.  No locks for me.  Odd, huh?
>
> NOTE:  I do have a Captive Portal lock issue, but that is unrelated to
> your problem.
>
>                                 Lee

Ehhrm I thought I mentioned the cascading setup earlier and also the results.
But my message might not have been clear. (grin)

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=282/20

As for the details, there's not much detail to mention. The only firewall that
occasionally freezes is still the one connected to the internet. Allthough all P2P
traffic gets blocked. So it might indeed be something like the NAT table running
out of space or something. (excuse the lack of technical terms here. ;-))

I'm going to post an image tomorrow, at work, which describes the layout of my
setup. A picture says more than... well you know.

I really do not know what kind of details you want to know, I'll add the obvious
ones to my e-mail I'm going to send to the list tomorrow. Bare with me! I'm on
borrowed internet time here.

--
Jeroen Visser.