[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Carlo Landmeter" <clandmeter at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridged OPT1 with WAN and advanced outbound routing.
 Date:  Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:25:10 +0200
Hi list ppl,

I've searched on the list for the following problem which I have.

My provider provides me with a subnet of 16ip's for our office to use.
i.e. : 1.2.3.0/28

My internal LAN is normal 10. private C class network:
i.e. : 10.1.1.0/24

I have a monowall with 3 interfaces, LAN WAN and OPT1
I would like to use the OPT1 interface as a DMZ for some servers that
i have running (i.e. SIP Server). Now to easily accomplish this I've
bridged the OPT1 and the WAN interface so I don't have to setup 2
networks to be able to route OPT1 to WAN. I also turned on Advanced
outbound routing to disable NAT for the OPT1 interface and added a
rule to enable it for the LAN interface. I also turned on Proxy ARP on
for the whole /28 range. Everything seems to work except of course the
problem mentioned here http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-bridge.html .
But while searching the mailing list i also came across the following
post http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=263/80 which tells it
should work when Advanced outbound routing is enabled.

Could somebody please clarify this please, or does anybody have
another solution to allow the above setup which will support LAN
access to a bridged DMZ?

Thx,

Carlo