[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Will Traffic Shaper rule work in an adjacent subnet ?
 Date:  Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:27:40 -0400
Lets say I have the following:

Internet => dsl modem => Monowall (LAN side on subnet 1) => router => (WAN
side on subnet 2) CPE (subnet 3)

The LAN side of Monowall is subnet 1.  The WAN side of the CPE is subnet 2.
The LAN side of the CPE is subnet 3.

My question is:

Will the Monowall Traffic Shaper rules address the CPE on subnet 2 side,
through the router?

 I know Monowall has "single host or alias".  I use that on Monowall, when
the computers I'm addressing are on the same subnet as the Monowall
interface.  But I'm not sure if Monowall on subnet 1  "single host or alias"
is able to address subnet 2, through the router.

CPE stands for Customer Provided Equipment, which I will provide my
customer.  There is a router build into the CPE.that's why I have a subnet 2
and subnet 3 on the left and right sides respectively of the CPE.

Thanks for any help to my above question,

Bob Young