[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Is there logging for M0n0wall Traffic Shaper rules ?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:12:01 -0400
Does anyone know if there is logging for individual Traffic Shaper rules?

I know M0n0wall has firewall logging. But Traffic Shaper logging would be
great if M0n0wall has it.

It's easy to just assume a particular Traffic Shaper rule is working, just
because we put it in as a Traffic Shaper rule. When in reality maybe the
packets are passing our intended rule and going on to our lower priority
"catch-all" rule.

Or...

If none of our Traffic Shaper rules are a match, then the data still passes
out the pipe to the destination interface, using the full BW that the pipe
is set for, with no queuing at all.

So in reality we may only "think" a Traffic Shaper rule we typed in is
working, when in reality it is being bypassed completely.

Thank you for any info on how to log the Traffic Shaper rules.

Respectfully,

Bob Young