[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "liran tal" <liransgarage at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, "John Gar" <begood at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 50K concurrent users - possible?
 Date:  Mon, 4 Sep 2006 04:49:24 -0400
I'm thinking the pitfalls are probably:
 * The firewall rules limit that BSD allows (if there is any)
 * If the httpd would be able to handle the load of requests for
authentication and such
 * The through-put of the box. 50k is alot, even if every client is only
receiving 256kbit/512kbit which is a
   minimum speed requirement by end-users these days.

Nice thinking about the OO port Jonathan.