[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 50K concurrent users - possible?
 Date:  Mon, 4 Sep 2006 10:16:34 -0500
From: "John Gar" <begood at gmail dot com>

>I need to support session control for 50,000 concurrent users using

***

> Can m0n0wall do the job? I read somewhere it can only use one CPU/Core.

Lets start with SMP.  m0n0wall does not support this.  However, a few people
have built custom images to make it work.  Michael Iedema even has a
tutorial, so this can be done.

State table is limited to 30,000 states.  Again, this can be changed at a
cost of memory.  However, it will have to be done.  If there is any way, you
may want to consider distributed gateways to a central RADIUS server.  With
this, you are using a proven system that works, as opposed to a custom
solution that "should" work.

However, funding Jonathan is a good idea regardless. :-)

                                Lee