[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steve Thomas" <sthomas at consultant dot com>
 To:  "Lonnie Abelbeck" <abelbeck at abelbeck dot com>, "m0n0wall List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:03:33 -0500
I've been following this thread and I've seen the hangs
reported on all platforms and many different NICs.

It's not likely a NIC chip/driver problem.

It appears to have more to do with P2P traffic or
fragmented packets. Both of these have been common
sources of problems for many routers/firewalls.

I think the solution may come from limiting outbound
connections or dropping packets that can't be handled.
Just speculation on my part, I'm not a developer.