[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  "'M0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request which would make m0n0wall even better ;)
 Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:52:24 -0500
Well said.  I really don't want to outfit my soekris box with a 256MB flash
card (from 16MB) just because a few people "needed" a ton of services.  Not
to mention what that might do to the now amazing GUI.  Possibly ruin it;
turn it into a pile of menus that lead to hundreds of places for services
that don't have any business being on a firewall.

the idea about enhancing a 4801 distro with those features was an amazing
one.  That platform would be much closer to what I would expect as a
customer for running many services.  As long as I can turn them off, that is
the platform I'd goto if I wanted those services.

I like my m0n0wall as it is.  Darn good peanutbutter & jelly sandwich with a
glass of cold milk.  Not caviar and champaign with frilly foofoo silver
platter garnishes.  Its honestly better than every single other package I've
used for where I use it.  The only features I'd add from this moment on
would be optional ones (defaulted off) and updates :)