[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian Z" <mono at ricerage dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Statement regarding m0n0wall features
 Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:31:56 -0500 (EST)
Whoa now.

I fully appreciate the fact that I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't
belong, and should thus stay the hell out of it, but I'm Just Not Going
To.

I really don't believe there were any demands made at all. Dany here is
simply saying the addition of the mentioned features would complete
"Dany's vision of Firewall Utopia."

Keep in mind, many of us who use m0n0wall (or any firewalls otherwise)
aren't necessarily coders. I for one would love to see some features added
that I am in no way capable of creating myself. Does it make me
incompetent in regards to network security? I don't believe so.

Dick, I have used SmoothWall in the past, and I think it too is a great
tool. No one here can deny you have the experience and skills necessary to
make such a project succeed.

Your point would be complete valid (if not flat out lauded) if this were a
development list. I'm sure you've dealt with a great number of demands and
other foolish inquiries in such a forum. Please remember, we're just the
silly end users. No need to make us cry. ;)

 Brian