[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  Dany Nativel <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Statement regarding m0n0wall features
 Date:  Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:43:18 +0000
Dany Nativel wrote:

> Hola... keep it easy my friend... I'm not asking for anything... it's
> on the wishlist (http://m0n0.ch/wall/todo.php) !!  If those new
> features come I would be even happier. That's it!   I don't understand
> this aggressive response.

Wasn't being aggressive... was laughing my ass off that you compared a
firewall like Smoothie, or IPCop (95% based on my technology) to ESmith
which is a device running Samba which also claims to be a firewall. The
fact that it says server - should be enough to make anyone with common
sense to run away - fast. SME / ESmith is cool BEHIND A HUGE FIREWALL or
something like M0n0 but you cannot - cannot - do a pilot or even a test
and compare SME / ESmith to any firewall product. ESmith can best be
described as a capable web managed file server handicapped by crap
programmers, appalling attention to detail and a clueless approach to
service control and CERT advisories.