[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SSL keys?
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jan 2004 04:48:48 +0100
Hi,

I would like to use the https feature of the m0n0wall GUI (and later on
possibly IPSec as well).

Do I need to enter something in the Advanced/webGUI SSL certificate/key
boxes in order to be able to access the webGUI after enabling https?

How might I go around making a set of keys for this and/or for IPSec?

I don't have any *nix box available, so I'd either need a win32
key-generator program (couldn't find any win32 binaries for OpenSSL at
its site, also it seemed like I'd need to have a webserver running to
use this, which I'd prefer to avoid.)

Or even better: Is there somewhere on the web, where one can generate a
key-pair, without having to pay for it that is?

Thanks,

Adam.

P.S. I hope this question hasn't already been answered. I found it
difficult to work with the archive search function, and didn't see
anything about this in those posts I eventually did manage to find on
this topic.

P.P.S. To m0n0: Great job with m0n0wall! When I compare your freeware
product to my previous firewall, a D-Link DI-714p+, which certainly
didn't come cheap, I'm amazed to conclude that m0n0wall isn't just
faster, more secure and have more features than the commercial product
(which I had to reboot about once every hour to stay online!) It also
has a much nicer looking webGUI, which will actually load its pages
correctly every time, unlike the D-Link :)