[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marten <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  Michael Mee <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] adjust wireless card output power?
 Date:  28 Jan 2004 09:32:49 +0100
On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 06:06, Michael Mee wrote:
> I looked around but obviously didn't find the right place...
>
> Does the HostAP support in (m0n0wall's) BSD allow the output power to be
> adjusted?
>
> I'd like to turn down the 200mW Senao (Engenius) card I have.
>
> (And of course, if I work out how, I'll submit a patch - just shoot me some
> links to get me started!)
It's not possible in freebsd 4.9 (jet).
Your first patch could be in the wi driver....:)
It's possible in Linux's host-ap driver. There you might find
information how to do it.

In the mean time, if your are using a card with an external antenne, You
could 2 meters of RG58 cable to reduce the signal  by more than 50%. :).

Marten

Marten