[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matchstick <matchstick at oofg dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] SSL keys?
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:55:36 +0000
Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 10:48:14 AM, Christiaens Joachim (jchristi at oce dot be) wrote:

CJ> You have to buy a certificate from verisign, thawte or some vendor, so your
CJ> browser will trust the certificate blindly, or you will have to manually
CJ> trust (install locally) the certificate one time in your browser.

There is a 3rd option (kinda), to get a free cert from someone like
CACert.org and manually add CACert (or whoever) as a root certificate
until it maybe gets added to default Mozilla and Opera installations (
unlikely I guess but still infinitely more likely than it ever getting
added to IE)

--
Matchstick
matchstick at oofg dot com