[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Nellemann" <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] SSL keys?
 Date:  Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:29:06 +0100
> <RANT>
> This is stupid to me.
>
> The industry has CREATED a market where there is none.  What are we
> really paying for? Not a certificate: anyone can have a Verisign cert
if
> they buy it, so why is verisign better than cacert? It's not.  It's
just
> blindly accepted in most browsers.  That is gay.
> </RANT>

Hear hear!

Just the reason I wasn't going to pay for a certificate for m0n0wall!

Even their attempt to argue that their certifcates are rooted in a
"trusted" server, seems rather feeble to me. (Trusted - Right, like the
way I trust any commercial outfit, such as Microsoft, to do what is in
the best interrest of their poor users?)

Someone should consider setting up some kind of OpenCert server,
providing free certificates rooted in their "trusted" server (for real
this time, since no economical interrests are involved)!

A-)