[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: HTTP Captive Portal redirect URL problem
 Date:  Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:34:24 -0400
Yipee.  It works.

Someone on another forum suggested that I use http:// before the "www".

That was it.  It works now.

Bob

  _____

From: Bob Young [mailto:bob at lavamail dot net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:24 PM
To: 'm0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'
Subject: HTTP Captive Portal redirect URL problem

I have version 1.22 of Monowall.

When I put in a redirect URL (on the Services: Captive portal page), I
cannot proceed past the Captive Portal page to do web browsing, after
clicking the "Continue" button.  It just stays stuck on the Captive Portal
page.

But when I do not have a redirect URL, I am able to proceed past the Captive
Portal page to do web browsing, after I click the "Continue" button.

www.yahoo.com <http://www.yahoo.com/>  is a sample format of the url that I
would use.  I assume that format is correct?   Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for any help.

Bob Young