[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jan Luehr <liste at stephan dot homeunix dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Setting up vlans
 Date:  Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:58:15 +0200
Hello,

sadly, I've some trouble setting up virtual interfaces here.
I've tried setting up one on a 3com NIC (driver is xl) and on a Intel NIC
(driver is fxp). Despite of never having trouble assining virtual interfaces
to these kind of NICs on Linux, m0n0wall has.
I tried created some vlan interfaces within the gui and setted up some
ip-addresses. However, these addresses are note reachable within the lan.
I allowed all kind of traffic through these interfaces, but I still have no
luck.
What may be wrong here?
Would migrating to pfsense (and a newser FreeBSD) help?

Keep smiling
yanosz