[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rad Zybi <chapel underscore u at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 and xp access permissions
 Date:  Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there, I have v lame question, maybe not so m0m0 related but maybe someone may help, tried to
find solution but failed :( Since I have monowall as the router i cant access files and printers on
my xp machines. There is 3 computers in the network, one with the printer. Before i had machine with
the printer acting as a small router, sharing connection from usb modem with manually typed in ip
addresses on each machine. I plugged in monowall into the network, simple setup factory default with
PPPoE plus DHCP server and i assigned IP to each machine MAC but each computer have Obtain IP
address automatic in the XP. When tried to access View workgroup computers I'm getting the msg saing
that maybe i have no permission to access the network but i changed nothing, just to obtain address
automatically and that's it. The same with the printer i can't print by the network. Looks like i
can't access shared resources only internet connection, is there anything i should do in monowall
 to make it working ? Just got it to see how is it, didn't really play with it yet but main problem
now is access on the network.

Thanks for any help :)