[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Joseph Lo <josephlo71 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  FTP server behind monowall
 Date:  Sat, 9 Sep 2006 04:33:59 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All,

I know this is an age old question: how to setup ftp server behind monowall.

I have searched the forum and read the monowall scratchpad. But I still can't get my ftp server to
work. I am hoping someone could enlighten me.

Here is my setup.

internet ----> monowall ----> switch ----> ftp server

monowall is
ftp server is I am using FileZilla on windows XP as some have suggested.

Here are my monowall config

Firewall NAT Inbound
lf            proto     Ext. port range        NAT IP        Int. port range        Description
WAN    TCP            20                              20                ftp
server port 20
WAN    TCP            21                             21                ftp
server port 21
WAN    TCP        55000-61000      55000-61000    ftp server

Firewall NAT outbound
Interface        source                Destination        Target            Description
WAN            *                      ftp server

Firewall rules
Proto        Source            Port        Destination        Port                Destination
TCP            *                       *         21                    FTP
server 1
TCP            *                        *        55000-61000        FTP server

I have setup filezilla with passive mode settings
External server IP address for passive mode transfer -> use the following IP ->

I have also checked the tick box
* Don't use external IP for local connections
* use custom port range: 55000 - 61000

When I use ftp client to connect to it work. When I use ftp client from external lan to
connect to my dynamic IP, it can't find the ftp server. by the way, I am using monowall's dyndns
server. Pinging my hostname (eg. hostname.homeunix.net) from the net work.

I have use Shield-up to check and it report that port 21 is open.

I have tried many configuration and still can't get anything to work.

Please help

Thank  you.

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengerís low  PC-to-Phone call rates.