[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:07:19 -0600
> Ehhrm I thought I mentioned the cascading setup earlier and also the
> results.
> But my message might not have been clear. (grin)
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=282/20
>
> As for the details, there's not much detail to mention. The only firewall
> that
> occasionally freezes is still the one connected to the internet. Allthough
> all P2P
> traffic gets blocked. So it might indeed be something like the NAT table
> running
> out of space or something. (excuse the lack of technical terms here. ;-))
>
> I'm going to post an image tomorrow, at work, which describes the layout
> of my
> setup. A picture says more than... well you know.
>
> I really do not know what kind of details you want to know, I'll add the
> obvious
> ones to my e-mail I'm going to send to the list tomorrow. Bare with me!
> I'm on
> borrowed internet time here.

Okay, I finally got one of my spare units configured as a filtering bridge
(WAN to OPT) and it is currently sitting on the outside of my main m0n0wall.
I have tested all of my inbound rules and they are all working.  I have both
monitored and I will know which one licks up right away.  They are both on
the 2 AM reboot schedule right now just to make me sleep better at night -
although I did have a freeze at 11:30 last night.  :-(

I'm blocking everything inbound - other than 1:1 client connections (I let
everything through to them, on their own VLAN).  I guess we wait and see
what happens.

Aaron