[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joseph Lo <josephlo71 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] FTP server behind monowall
 Date:  Sat, 9 Sep 2006 08:11:39 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Chuck

Nope. ISP is not blocking anything. The ftp server is werking just fine if I use a hardware router
instead of monowall.

Best regards
Joseph

Chuck Mariotti <cmariotti at xunity dot com> wrote: Not sure where you are or if it is applicable since you
tried shields
up... but I ran into a problem setting up an FTP server on a friends
cable modem a few years back. Couldn't figure it out. Turned out his
cable provider was blocking FTP.... They also blocked SMTP, etc...
Wasted a whole evening trying to figure out why it wasn't working. Might
be worth verifying FTP is not disabled by the ISP.

Regards,

Chuck