[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joseph Lo <josephlo71 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP server behind monowall
 Date:  Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
Michael,

Yep. created guest account on my ftp server with password 12345. This should login to an empty 40GB
drive on my box.

Could you try if this works on your end?

Thanks
Joseph

Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org> wrote: Hehe, works perfectly fine for me. I tried this
with my laptop which was
connected directly to the net via a static IP (no routers, firewalls,
etc in between). Do you have a guest account I can login with to make
sure "LS" and all those other commands work properly? This might confirm
the problem that a firewall/NAT/router somewhere in the chain is messing
with the trigger ports. If you check the m0n0wall firewall log, those
trigger ports might even show up as "blocked" because m0n0wall wasn't
allowed to connect back to the ftp client for a data connection (look
for those high passive port numbers like 1024 and higher)

Thanks,
Michael