[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Joseph Lo <josephlo71 at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP server behind monowall
 Date:  Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:04:33 -0400
Here is what I get with CuteFTP Pro:

*** CuteFTP Pro 3.0 - build Nov 4 2002 ***

STATUS:> Getting listing ""...
STATUS:> Resolving host name josephlo.homeunix.net...
STATUS:> Host name josephlo.homeunix.net resolved: ip = 60.51.124.168.
STATUS:> Connecting to ftp server josephlo.homeunix.net:21 (ip =
60.51.124.168)...
STATUS:> Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.18 beta
220-written by Tim Kosse (Tim dot Kosse at gmx dot de)
220 Please visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
STATUS:> Connected. Authenticating...
COMMAND:> USER guest
331 Password required for guest
COMMAND:> PASS *****
230 Logged on
STATUS:> Login successful.
COMMAND:> PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
STATUS:> Home directory: /
COMMAND:> FEAT
211-Features:
MDTM
REST STREAM
SIZE
MLST type*;size*;modify*;
UTF8
CLNT
211 End
STATUS:> This site supports features.
STATUS:> This site supports SIZE.
STATUS:> This site can resume broken downloads.
COMMAND:> REST 0
350 Rest supported. Restarting at 0
COMMAND:> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,2,214,219)
COMMAND:> LIST
STATUS:> Connecting ftp data socket 192.168.1.2:55003...
ERROR:> Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10061.
425 Can't open data connection.

Notice it's trying to connect to 192.168.1.2:55003. That is a problem
with the FTP server returning it's IP instead of the public IP. Need to
change that config somewhere. Not familiar with your flavor of server
though.

HTH

Chris