[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0s hanging : any progress ?
 Date:  Tue, 5 Sep 2006 21:34:28 -0600
> Okay, I finally got one of my spare units configured as a filtering bridge
> (WAN to OPT) and it is currently sitting on the outside of my main
> m0n0wall. I have tested all of my inbound rules and they are all working.
> I have both monitored and I will know which one licks up right away.  They
> are both on the 2 AM reboot schedule right now just to make me sleep
> better at night - although I did have a freeze at 11:30 last night.  :-(
>
> I'm blocking everything inbound - other than 1:1 client connections (I let
> everything through to them, on their own VLAN).  I guess we wait and see
> what happens.

Son of a...!!  So, a little more than an hour after putting this second m0n0
in front of the main one the second one (right on the Internet) freezes.  I
was not at the office at the time and had a colleague reboot it so I'm not
sure of the traffic at the time.  I guess I'll wait for the next time and
hope I'm around to try and diagnose it a little more.  :-(

Aaron