[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] GUI interface customization
 Date:  Mon, 11 Sep 2006 00:12:05 -0400
On 9/10/06, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Has anyone done any customization to the GUI ?
> Is there a way to do this without making a custom build?

You'd have to make your own image, though that isn't extremely
difficult if you have a FreeBSD system (and if not, you can download a
6.1 virtual machine for VMware Player if nothing else).

Just grab workon.sh from http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/
chmod +x workon.sh
./workon.sh <image-filename>

then make your changes and type 'exit' and it'll roll your image back
up.  then you can flash your card, or use the upgrade firmware to load
your new image.

One thought on accomplishing this, to some extent at least, without
hacking the image is to give the machines distinct hostnames.  The
hostname shows up in the page title on every page, and that showing on
the tab I'm using in Firefox has really helped nearly eliminate this
confusion for me.  It can get a little crazy when you have several up
at once though.

-Chris