[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Rad Zybi" <chapel underscore u at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Dlink 320T
 Date:  Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:10:25 +0200
On 9/5/06, Rad Zybi <chapel underscore u at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> Note: forwarded message attached.

Hi,

I don't know about the 320T, but i used the DSL-300T before on
different locations.
The modems were semi bridged so they passed the public ip through a
nic on a linux box (acting as a router). The setup sucked big time!
The modem crashed almost every 2 days. With lots of traffic even
faster.
I even wrote a little script (logging into the modem through telnet)
on the linux box which automatically rebooted the modem every 8 hours.
 I also tried PPPOE with the modem in bridged modem. It was a little
more stable, but the modem sometimes refused to reconnect after a
disconnect from the provider.
I replaced all those modems with Alcatel/Thomson Speedtouch modems and
 PPPOE. Now everything works fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Yves