[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W Harrington" <jamesh at thefifthrace dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Default Server Unknown
 Date:  Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:00:48 -0400
Does anyone know of there is a way of getting a reverse DNS entry on the
additional interfaces on my m0n0wall.  Currently I have the following
LANs: LAN (10.0.8.x), CaptivePortal (10.0.10.x), Corporate (10.0.9.x),
and Optional 3 (10.0.11.x).  Each LAN has its own interface and is
separated from the other LANs by firewall rules.  But when I do an
Nslookup is get the following message

*** Can't find server name for address 10.0.10.254: Non-existent domain

*** Default servers are not available

Default Server:  UnKnown

Address:  10.0.10.254

This is not a huge issue as the lookup still works and If I NSLookup on
the LAN I get the correct output

Default Server:  gateway-awh.thefifthrace.local

Address:  10.0.8.254

but I wanted to know if there is a way I could get a reverse entry on
the other interfaces

Thanks

James