[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  George Farris <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] php.core is driving me crazy
 Date:  Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:46:52 -0700
On Wed, 2006-13-09 at 21:21 +0200, Jonathan De Graeve wrote:

> > Core dumps (or rather, "segmentation violations" that lead to core
> > dumps being created) are usually caused by one of the following:
> >
> > - bug in code (in this case PHP's code)
> >
> > - flaky hardware, often bad RAM
> >
> > Check out the system log and/or dmesg to see if any conspicuous
> > kernel messages (aside from the usual "pid ... exited on signal 11")
> > appear.
>
> I'm wondering how many people are suffering this problem because I'm
> running 1.23b1 without any issues...
>
> If it's a bug in the code we should fix it

Great I'm in.  Can you release an image with a few more megabytes
available in the root file system so I can help debug this sucker.  Even
128MB root file system would be helpful.

I've run memtest86 on the ram and all is good, I'm not suspecting
hardware but you never know.

--
George Farris   farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca
Malaspina University-College

“Our species’ survival depends on how fast we embrace the moral shift from
‘patriot’ to ‘global citizen’.”