[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  tarjei <tarjei at nu dot no>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  50% non reproducable but ugly bug
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:05:38 +0200
Hi, I experienced a very odd bug here this weekend.

1. The first thing that happened was that I added an extra rule to my
server nat settings.
2. After a while I relized something was wrong. It appeared to be that
almost all of my aliases had somehow been deleted from the box.
3. I managed to find an old backup and installed this.
4. I then had to re enabled the traffic shaping settings as they were
not in the backup (my fault).
5. This actually then caused the aliases to be deleted again.
points 4 to 5 were reproducable untill I reverted to a different backup,
added the traffic shaping to the conf file by hand and then uploaded it.
I've had some problems with the snat setup after that but I'm not sure
if they are related.

I would venture the guess (without seeing the code) that the main
problem here is the xml parser. Have you considered upgrading to php5?
The xml tools there makes it very worth while.

kind regards,
Tarjei