[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Molle Bestefich" <molle dot bestefich at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WISP client's data gets past my captive portal ?
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:03:23 +0200
Bob Young wrote:
> This is a thought provoking problem...
>
> My problem here is:
> I have people in my neighborhood that are associated to my AP and have
> gotten DHCP leases from my Monowall, but who have not clicked the "Continue"
> button on my captive portal

AFAIK (never used it) m0n0wall's captive portal is HTTP-based.
HTTP runs on top of IP, so your clients needs an IP address to talk to
the captive portal in order to be presented with the fabled "Continue"
button.

You don't say what your WISP interface is, but presuming it's the
wireless interface you're running a captive portal on, seeing dropped
traffic from hosts that hasn't logged in via the portal sounds normal.