[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  George Farris <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 100% disk usage again but no php.core
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:07:12 -0700
On Wed, 2006-13-09 at 19:35 -0500, Lee Sharp wrote:
> From: "George Farris" <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
> > It doesn't have to be tight, just release an HD image with an extra gig
> > of space.  Man, it can't be that hard.
> > and besides I don't know where to start.
> The second statement is why you made the first.  Actually, it IS that hard.
> m0n0wall runs totally in ram.  It was designed that way because CF can not
> take continuous writes.  Changing this would be substantially changing the
> structure of m0n0wall.

Thanks for that.  It's too bad someone didn't say that before.  I didn't
realize the design was that inflexible.  I've taken a quick look at
pfsense and it doesn't seem to have that design restriction, it will
probably be the way forward.

George Farris   farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca
Malaspina University-College

"Giving up Windows is like kicking a drug habit...."
"No, it's more like leaving the Titanic for an Ice Breaker."