[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  George Farris <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 100% disk usage again but no php.core
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:07:12 -0700
On Wed, 2006-13-09 at 19:35 -0500, Lee Sharp wrote:
> From: "George Farris" <farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca>
>
> > It doesn't have to be tight, just release an HD image with an extra gig
> > of space.  Man, it can't be that hard.
>
> > and besides I don't know where to start.
>
> The second statement is why you made the first.  Actually, it IS that hard.
> m0n0wall runs totally in ram.  It was designed that way because CF can not
> take continuous writes.  Changing this would be substantially changing the
> structure of m0n0wall.

Thanks for that.  It's too bad someone didn't say that before.  I didn't
realize the design was that inflexible.  I've taken a quick look at
pfsense and it doesn't seem to have that design restriction, it will
probably be the way forward.

Thanks

--
George Farris   farrisg at mala dot bc dot ca
Malaspina University-College

"Giving up Windows is like kicking a drug habit...."
"No, it's more like leaving the Titanic for an Ice Breaker."