[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with VoIP and AC Nielsen's Homescan consumer panel
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:22:23 -0500
This is in no way a bang against cable Internet providers, but the
customers that I've dealt with that use *any* other VoIP provider with
cable always seem to have this problem.  Mainly with Comcast cable, may
not be the same for you. I use (5) Vonage VoIP lines for my business and
never have any problems with calls, voice quality, etc. I use Covad DSL,
but this isn't a DSL vs. Cable kind of discussion so my input is that
I've seen others with the exact same issue when using VoIP via Cable
Internet providers.  Comcast offers their own VoIP solution which seems
to work just fine (go figure).  I guess it begs the question, did have
Vonage with DSL before you switched or after?

Thanks,
Michael