[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SUGGESTION: M0n0wall flashsize and Recommended memory
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:19:30 +0200
Currently we came at a point of being stuck with the limitations of
flashsize and 64MB memory.

According to the last survey the biggest userbase has at least 16MB
flash.

In this way I'm suggesting to grow the current 7MB flashsize to 16MB.
This will give us a lot of opportunities to overcome current
limitations. Although the bigger flashsize has a negative effect on RAM
usage. The current recommended is 64, it will become 96/128MB. But the
survey tells us 27% has < 128MB and I think its possible to upgrade
flash as wel as memory.

People with less memory can still use the current images but people with
the minimum amount can benefit the changes.

This is just a suggestion which I hope will be agreed on. It's a
trade-off for both sides.

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve