[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall-dev] SUGGESTION: M0n0wall flashsize and Recommendedmemory
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:36:55 -0700
Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
> Currently we came at a point of being stuck with the limitations of
> flashsize and 64MB memory.
>
> According to the last survey the biggest userbase has at least 16MB
> flash.

Soekris is shipping a version of the 4801 with 128M of RAM.

I think a menu driven (one from column A, one from column B) build system would
help with the flash footprint.

That is, people who are using m0n0 as a home firewall/router probably don't care
about captive portal stuff at all.

--

         -crl
  Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner
is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster at mphasis dot com and
delete this mail from your records.