[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Subinterfaces on WAN
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:23:36 -0500
I had this exact same problem using a similar Zyxel ADSL modem in bridge mode
with PPPoE and m0n0wall.  My solution was related to some experiments I have
been doing with IDS which required me to connect a hub between m0n0wall and the
Zyxel and use a spare network connection on another system to monitor the PPPoE
traffic.  Note that while this is not an ideal setup for IDS compared to an
ethernet tap, I was able to verify its correct operation for relatively low
speed links.  This setup had the side effect of allowing me to directly access
my Zyxel on its IP address directly from the system running the IDS software.

I did a search through my list archive and found a reference from almost a year
ago to a more elegant solution to your problem on the wiki:

http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=AccessingModemOutsideFirewall