[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with VoIP and AC Nielsen's Homescan consumer panel
 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:40:18 -0500
Vonage is suppose to support the various modem and fax data standards when run
in 90 kbit/s mode and at least for some types of calls is suppose to
automagically switch to this mode.  Personally, I have never been able to NOT
use the 90 kbit/s mode so fax and modem connections have not been a problem for
me.

You can dedicate a specific amount of bandwidth to Vonage by using a second set
of traffic shaper queues but from your description it sounds like the problem is
with the cable ISP.