[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Collins" <jason at mammothcomputers dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Trouble with VoIP and AC Nielsen's Homescan consumer panel
 Date:  Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:42:16 -0500
It's been a while since I sent a fax from our Vonage line so my memory
is murky; however, I could never get our fax to work on our vonage line
until I stumbled across an obscure kb article from their site that
suggested dialing a prefix prior to sending a fax.  It was something
like *77 or *23 (that's the part that's murky).  Their techs insisted
that it was no longer necessary, but I couldn't get it to work otherwise
so the term "necessary" seemed to fit the situation.  Anyway, I would
try that first.  I would also suggest port forwarding / nating all the
SIP ports to your ATA -- I know that Vonage will tell you it's not
necessary any more, but my voice quality was awful until I did (see
above for Vonage's interpretation of necessary).

Here is my nat table for vonage:

 WAN  	 UDP  	 5061   	 10.10.10.200
(ext.: edited out) 	5061  	vonage1
[edit rule]

		WAN 	UDP 	10000 - 20000 	10.10.10.200
(ext.: edited out) 	10000 - 20000 	vonage2
[edit rule]

		WAN 	UDP 	123 (NTP) 	10.10.10.200
(ext.: edited out) 	123 (NTP) 	vonage3
[edit rule]

		WAN 	UDP 	53 (DNS) 	10.10.10.200
(ext.: edited out) 	53 (DNS) 	vonage4
[edit rule]

		WAN 	UDP 	69  	10.10.10.200
(ext.: edited out) 	69  	vonage5
[edit rule]

If you need me to do the legwork for that kb article, let me know and
I'll dig it up this weekend.

jason