[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with VoIP and AC Nielsen's Homescan consumer panel
 Date:  Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:04:05 -0500
I remember reading the same kb article when investigating how to set my Vonage
bandwidth to the low setting which I was never able to accomplish.  I suspect
the prefix was to manually switch the codec used to the higher bitrate but since
my connection has always been stuck at the highest bitrate I never needed to
adjust it for fax.

I have never needed to open any inbound ports or setup inbound NAT.  I suspect
this depends on the ATA as the one I have which is just a couple months old
apparently maintains an outbound connection at all times.