[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Single IP bandwidth limit
 Date:  Wed, 13 Sep 2006 01:58:52 -0500
1.   Use DHCP to assign him/her the same IP address every time (then
      dump his lease so it reassigns)
   2. Create (two) pipes within the traffic shaper, one for download and
      one for upload. Make them something generous like 56 K or
      something (hehe)
   3. Make a traffic shaping rule at the very top with his IP that
      points to the (2) new "limited" pipes.
   4. Apply settings and watch him curse his PC for being slow for some
      reason (chuckle from the back with evil laugh).

If he/she is not very technical they might learn a lesson, but if they
are they might trying assigning a manual IP address that is different
than their DHCP address to get around this, so hope for the first one.
Otherwise you'll have to captive portal everyone I think.

Thanks,
Michael