[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Trouble with VoIP and AC Nielsen's Homescan consumer panel
 Date:  Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:25:08 -0500
The Vonage web site is decidedly user hostile so I was unable to get a usable
URL to the pertinent section.  I did find this under HELP - Features - Fax
Service:

>You can use your Vonage fax service while using the bandwidth saver mode. If you have enabled the
bandwidth saver option, simply enter "*99" prior to making a fax call (enter *99 plus the 11 digit
number). This will enhance the fax quality and prevent issues with your fax failing to go through.

>If you have one of the following products, it will automatically detect a fax or TiVo call, so it
is not necessary to dial *99:

>    * Linksys RTP300
>    * Linksys WRTP54G
>    * Uniden UIP1869V
>    * Motorola VT2442

Vonage also suggests setting your fax machine to a maximum baud (this is really
the wrong term but I am quoting them) rate of 9600.  I had an interesting email
discussion with a list member concerning fax compatibility with VOIP.  You may
want to do a Google search for "T.38" to learn more.