[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  "'Tomek Szewczyk'" <tomszewczyk1 at wp dot pl>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Allowing traffic between LAN and OPT
 Date:  Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:06:19 +0800
Your best bet is to have this setup

WAN: No IP Address - Set to DHCP
Set your modem to Bridge Mode and make your monowall do the PPPOE connection
manually. Youre best to configure your modem to bridge mode before plugging
into the WAN port on the mono.
Set the LAN Adaptor IP on the mono to 192.168.0.1 and enable the DHCP server
and set your PC to DHCP.

Thats the easiest way to make it all work :)

Once you have your Router on the WAN interface you wont be able to ping it
as your IP range that your ISP gives you (now the IP that your WAN adaptor
has) will be different to the modem. You essentially make the modem a dumb
device.

JK