[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kyle dot mcbride at instatservices dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Site-to-Site vpn tunnel with 2 dyn ip
 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:37:14 -0700
Quoting fname lname <larskman at gmail dot com>:

> Is it possiable to do a site-to-site vpn tunnel with 2 dyn ip address
> meaning both sites has 1 dyn ip. and I would to build a site-to-site
> with out getting an static address.
>
> tnx

Yes, I have this setup with 4 sites, all are dynamic IP, and it has
been working flawlessly for over a year ... with one caveat.  If your
ISP assigns you a different WAN IP from their DHCP upon renewal, then
your tunnel will break.  When this happens, you have to simply update
the other side of the tunnel to use the new IP address and you're back
online.  My experience with OptimumOnline, Verizon DSL, and Patmedia
Cable, and now Cox Cable in CA is that they generally renew our
dynamic IPs with the same address so we do not have to update our
tunnel config on m0n0wall very often...only a few times.

You will need to use a dynamic DNS service like dyndns.org and provide
your account info in m0n0wall's Dynamic DNS client page.  Then for the
IPSec tunnel config, use Domain name for Phase 1 proposal "My
identifier".

Kyle