[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: WRAP and m0n0 as a VPN endpoint
 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:51:36 -0400
Jimmy Bones (Mhottie) wrote:
> Has anyone used m0n0 on a WRAP board as a VPN endpoint? And how did it work
> for you?
>
> I want Windows XP clients to VPN to the WRAP box, then be dumped onto the
> local network including being able to use network neighborhood, printer
> shares, etc. Any problem with what I am trying to do??
>
> Thanks.

I did that once, using IPSEC.  Before that, I was using PPTP.  I decided
to set a permanent tunnel using IPSEC from my home office to a client's
office.

Worked well, except from one thing.  May sound stupid, but the quick
launch taskbar was sometimes taking forever.

I didn't search much for a solution, and came back to pptp.