[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] collisions issue
 Date:  Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:39:57 +0200
On 18.09.06 11:29 -0400, Don Munyak wrote:

> I think I seem to be having problems with collisions.
> The collisions are incrementing at about 1 per second.
> I need some advice on how to troubleshoot this.
>     no negotiate
>     duplex full
>     linespeed 100

There's your problem. Your "IPS" device is set to not use
auto-negotiation, but always force 100 Mbps/full duplex. Since your
m0n0wall's NIC is set to do auto-negotiation, it drops to 100
Mbps/half duplex, and that's why you're getting collisions. So either
force your m0n0wall to use 100 Mbps/full duplex on WAN as well (by
modifying config.xml manually - see
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-hiddenopts.html), or simply set the
IPS to do auto-negotiation.

This is a classic problem and not at all m0n0wall-specific.

- Manuel