[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  monkey at roningamer dot com
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP Question
 Date:  Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:31:54 -0400
Hello All

I have been looking over the FAQ and Manual as well as several other web pages to solve this
problem.

I have set up m0n0wall version  1.2b9
and am currently running and able to connect to a PPTP VPN that i have set up.

I have added rules in my firewall such as the following

Proto  Source            Port Dest       Port
*       *                *    LAN Net    *
*       PPTP Clients     *     *         *
TCP     *                *     *         53 (DNS)

the problem i am having here is when i connect remotely to the VPN I can ping and connect to
computers on the LAN by their IP address but not their NetBIOS name. Am I setting up my firewall
wrong? Or is there something else I need to do?

Additionally I am using the built in VPN Client in Windows XP to Connect.

Thanks in advance