[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil Schneider" <telecomneil at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  rules for DMZ
 Date:  Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:43:33 -0700
I'm setting up a Soekris 4801 with the latest  download (1.2). I want
to create a default rule for the DMZ. I'm using the following rule for
the DMZ interface.

Proto  	Source  	Port  	Destination  	Port  	Description
  *         DMZ  net         *       ! LAN net            *       DMZ -> any

Is this a proper default rule for the DMZ. I presume the default
without this rule would be to disallow all connections to or from the
DMZ. Is my presumption correct?

--

Neil Schneider                                           telecomneil
at gmail dot com

Don't use this account for personal email, I don't check it often. If
you want to contact me directly use pacneil at linux geek dot net
instead.