[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W Harrington" <jamesh at thefifthrace dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Access from the WAN
 Date:  Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:53:31 -0400
I am having problems with rules incoming from the WAN.

My m0n0wall sits behind a Draytek Vigor 2600.  It has a WAN IP provided
by the ISP and my m0n0wall sits on its LAN.  My m0n0wall has a WAN IP of
192.168.1.11.  As per a previous question I saw answered I have setup a
rule on the WAN allowing traffic from anywhere to the WAN IP of the
m0n0wall.  This has allowed me to control the m0n0wall from the WAN side
of my Draytek as I have opened all ports on the draytek and pointed them
at the m0n0wall. I have copied the rule below.

TCP/UDP Source * Port * Destination 192.168.1.11 Port 443 Description

I have created a similar rule which points port 3389 (RDP) on the WAN
interface to 10.0.9.1 the LAN IP of my server but the traffic doesn't
seem to make it and I cannot connect to my server.

Sorry for the long winded explanation my question is how to get other
rules to work.

Thanks

James