[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using m0n0 under VMWare as a "real" firewall?
 Date:  Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:18:44 -0400
I ran m0n0wall from a vitrual disk.  I found it out on some site.  I ran it
on vitrual PC and virtual server.  I had no trouble getting it configured
and running.  the trick was picking the correct ethernet adapter.  I ended
up using a intel dual port ethernet adapter.  It worked like a charm.  I
have not had any issues

My current m0n0wall server is a c3 giga pro with 2 - 3com ethernet adapters.
It is working like a charm.  I think the biggest issue is find or having on
hand a compatible ethernet adapters.
RC