[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DHCP Relay over Site-to-Site VPN Possible?
 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:11:49 +0800
Hi,

I currently have a site to site VPN setup (Remote site and Head Office - has
DHCP, DNS & WINS) and would like the remote site to have it receive its DHCP
addresses from a DHCP server at the Head Office. Would you recommend this as
a good practice or is it suggested to let mono handle the DHCP at the remote
site and simply have the mono DHCP assign the head office DNS and WINS
addresses to clients?

I do currently work for another company that has 140 remote sites that run 1
central DHCP server and it doesnt seem to be too laggy.

I have tried specifying the IP of the Head Office DHCP server on the remote
monowall and allowing port 67 through to it but it hasnt worked (Yes subnets
are mapped out in DHCP etc)

Thanks!
Jai