[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Commisso <jemc at bluefrog dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Is it possible to ipsec vpn from mobile winxp to m0n0?
 Date:  Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:44:35 -0400
Hi,

I have been reading the docs and the mailing list.
I have tried TauVPN and the native winXP vpn without any success.
I could get PPTP working, but want more security.
I have a home computer behind a router connected to home DSL (meaning
dynamic IP).
m0n0wall is up and running at the main location 30 miles from me.
I have access to the web gui of m0n0wall.
My question is: Can ipsec VPN be done with my setup without purchasing
software?
I tried to configure TauVPN using this page as a guide:
"http://www.edain.de/wlan_protection.html" with no success.
He used a "DMZ Subnet". I have a WAN.
I have m0n0wall v1.22
My logs don't seem to indicate any vpn activity at all.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe